There are many ways to create traffic to your website. However, the key to a successful website lies in the hands of engagement. Returning visitors are an important part of generating raving fans and regular consistent traffic. Converting these returning visitors into clients or customers will take trust. The more they revisit your site, the more they will trust you. This is how you will gain credibility. Here are 5 ways to convert your visitors to become raving fans that return to your site on a regular basis:
1. Create a blog on your website
Creating a blog on your Real Estate website will generate organic traffic to your site. Take some time every week, typically 2-3 times a week to post a blog on your website. There are many things to write about. Here are some ideas:
- What happened in the Real Estate market this past week
- How were inventory levels; did they increase/decrease
- What are interest rates doing – up/down
- What challenges arose during the past week
- How did you solve these challenges
- What questions did your clients ask you that you were able to provide good quality information to them
Blog posts can include your listings, pictures, videos, charts, graphs or even podcasts. However, you want to make sure that the content is relative to the Real Estate industry, such as the home buying process, selling process, final walk through, FSBO, schools, employers in the area and all the other things you run into that consumers ask you about.
The more blog posts are created, the more comments and interaction you will get from your visitors. This will create credibility as you are proving to the visitor that there is a real live person behind the website. Blogging is the most important on my list, therefore I listed this as the first way to keep your visitors engaged.
2. Create polls or surveys of some kind
Polls and surveys are other forms of interaction that you should definitely consider adding to your site. They provide a quick way for visitors to voice their opinions and to get involved in your website. Here are some ideas of polls and surveys for the Real Estate industry:
- Create a simple poll on what the visitors prefers, a one story house or a two story house
- Create a poll on what the visitors are in the market for, renting a home, buying a home or just waiting to see what’s going to happen in the market (this will give you an idea of what type of traffic you are getting to your site)
- Have surveys available for clients to take regarding their most recent experience in working with you and/or your team
Be sure to publish polls or surveys that are relevant to the Real Estate industry to keep them interested to find out about the results.
3. Start an “Ask Ray Anything About Real Estate” forum or a chat room
When you start a forum or chat room, you are providing your visitors a place to voice their opinions and interact with their peers – that are visiting your site. As conversations increase, a sense of community will also follow and your visitors will come back to your site almost religiously every day.
4. Update frequently with fresh content
Make sure you update your site often with fresh, relevant and timely content so that your visitors will have something to come back to. This is another important and effective method to attract returning visitors.
However, at the same time, it is probably one of the least carried out task because the website creator or manager gets lazy or runs out of time to keep the site updated. This is where you may need to consider paying an assistant or outsourcing this portion of your marketing task. Remember, once a visitor comes back to your site and does not see it updated, they will not want to come back. It takes a lot more energy trying to get a first time visitor come to your site compared to having a previous visitor return to your site.
5. Share your content in your social networks
Social networks are where people are hanging out. The more content you share on your social networks, the more visitors you will get to your site in which will convert to returning traffic. The more they see you, read your posts, get involved in your site, get to know your personality through your blog posts, the more they will return to see what’s new.
Bottom line is to do what you do best which is to get involved in your business. Marketing is a core foundation of a successful business that many entrepreneurs neglect to put some time and money into. Entrepreneurs sometimes get too busy doing minuscule administrative tasks and run out of time to do the most important task of marketing and prospecting.
Marketing and prospecting are the blood lines that keep the family fed and the doors to your business open. Let’s get moving to reach our goals that we all deserve. I wish you all the best of success in your business. bExtraordinary my friends!
Ray Warda – www.raywarda.com