I believe, everything that happens, happens to us for a reason. As a man of faith, I always believe that God has a reason for everything that happens in our lives. Sometimes it’s beyond our comprehension, but we have to believe and trust that whatever the result was, it was the result that was in God’s best plans for us.
Like they say, let’s not cry over spilled milk. We all make mistakes; some big and some small. Instead of feeling in despair, locking yourself up in a cage with fears, crying for past unsuccessful relationships, heartaches and failures, treat all these as lessons of life that you learned. Utilize these lessons as tools in self improvement which will augment your potential success.
So, how does self-improvement become your bridge to success? Where do you start? Here are some tips:
- Change your thoughts! Stop thinking that you are a failure. YOU ARE NOT! If you can’t accept yourself, how can others accept you?
- Don’t forget about the inner beauty. We are so used to Hollywood portraying the females of always having the most beautiful, perfect bodies and faces with no flaws. WAKE UP! Perfect doesn’t exist! Accepting yourself is not only about having the beautiful curves or an awesome six pack, yet it’s also about the inner beauty which is just as important. I am sure you have met that attractive male or female and thought WOW, then after speaking to them for a few minutes you think EWW!
- Encourage others. Sometimes, the best thing that you can do to improve yourself and your thoughts is to help others feel good about themselves. Don’t go down with them when they are feeling down. Pull them up and satisfy your inner self as well as theirs.
- This world is a massive room for lessons. Don’t feel bad or down on a mistake that you committed. Remember, your past is the past and cannot haunt you unless you bring it to the present and carry it to your future. Learn from your mistakes and move forward. What happened yesterday is a day that can never be taken back. You have two choices, dwell on what happened yesterday or move forward. Which will you choose?
- Take baby steps. Take things one at a time. You can’t change everything all at once. Focus on one thing to change and don’t give up until you change it to the positive. Bruce Lee once said “I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.” Self improvement happens one day at a time.
- Self-improvement results to inner strength, personality development and SUCCESS. It comes from self-confidence, self appreciation and self-esteem.
- Set significant and attainable goals. Self improvement will not turn you into a Heidi Klum or a Tom Brady. It facilitates and aspires to be an improved and better YOU.
- Little things you do may be a big thing to many people. Sometimes doing the little things in life like smiling and greeting someone with a hello will make someone’s day. Complimenting someone about something you see in them can be a lift that a person needs, for example…”I love your tie!” or “That’s a nice dress.” When you are being positive about beautiful things around you and other people, you also become beautiful to them.
- Changing yourself doesn’t mean that everyone else around you will change as well. This world has many types of people with different values and attitudes. Sometimes the people around you may not change like you have and may decline an invitation for self improvement. Just keep doing what you are doing and let your actions demonstrate your change to a more self improved person setting yourself up for success!
Please remember, self improvement results don’t happen overnight. It takes hard work and dedication, but the rewards are enormous. We are all here to learn lessons from life, and not to dwell in our mistakes. Once you open your mind to self improvement, you will increase your chances of success by ten-fold. I wish you the best of success in all that you do…bExtraordinary my friends!